Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Get To Know Me




So I was tagged by Lindsey of Have Clothes Will Travel to do the Get To Know Me challenge. If you want to see hers here is the link   Okay so here goes.

4 Places I've Lived

1. I grew up on a farm near the town of Sherwood, ND.
2. After college I lived in the capitol, Bismarck, ND.
3. I lived in LaCrosse, WI. for about 5 years.
4. The rest of my life I've lived in the Twin Cities, MN

4 Places I've Visited

1. In high school I visited New York City with my parents and sister. It was part of a trip to the East Coast. I really want to go back again with my family.
2. We also visited Banff in Canada. What a beautiful place, and another I would like to revisit.
3. I went to Washington, DC twice. Once on the trip in high school, and again in the late 90s as part of a business trip.
4. Yellowstone and Teton, WY twice!



 4 TV Shows I Watch


There are really so many shows I love right now, but here are a few:

1. Game of Thrones
2. Walking Dead
3. Orphan Black
4. Parks and Rec

 4 of My Favorite Foods

1. Pizza, especially the pizza at Pizza Studio!
2. Mac and cheese
3. Chocolate, especially dark
4. Strawberries

4 Things I Like to Drink

1. Frappuccino (coffee or mocha, no whip)
2. Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper
3. Milk
4. Water


4 Wacky or Odd Things About Me

1. When I get hot, my ears get bright red! It started in my 30s, and I have no idea what causes it!
2. I hate to watch a character in a tv show or movie go through something really embarrassing. It makes me uncomfortable.
3. I can't snap my fingers, no matter how hard I try.
4. I tried to make a daddy long legs spider my pet when I was little.

4 Pet Peeves

1. People who are late.
2. People who pee on the toilet seat in public bathrooms, yuk!!!!! Just sit down for pete sake!
3. Narrow minded or judgemental people.
4. People who don't use their turn signals. Do they not know what they are for?

I won't tag anyone, but feel free to try this. It's pretty fun!

Bye for now!


6 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

So fun to learn more about you, lovely Laurie. It's awesome that you were able to visit Canada and see Banff. The Rockies are truly an out-of-this-world gorgeous part of the world. I really hope you're able to make it back there (and/or anywhere else you'd like to see on this side of the 49th) again.

Big hugs,
♥ Jessica

*PS* I feel the same way with most uncomfortable/embarrassing scenarios in shows and movies, too.

Unknown said...

Lol! I'm glad it's not just me! Thanks Jessica, I'm sure I'll get back up to Canada again. There is just so much to see! :)

Olga Rani said...

It is nice to find a few new thing about you Laurie :) I wonder if there is anyone out there who is not hooked by the Game of Thrones, haha

Unknown said...

Thanks Olga! Yes, it is such a good show! :)

Lindsey said...

Yay! It was fun to get to know more about you, Laurie! I had no idea you had also lived in Wisconsin at one point too. :) And I have a friend visiting Banff, Canada right now- it looks amazing! I really want to see it for myself now! Lol your #2 pet peeve made me laugh...I hate that too! ;)

~Lindsey
http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks Lindsey! I really loved living in Wisconsin, but if I hadn't moved back to Minneapolis I wouldn't have met my husband. :)

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...