Thursday, February 18, 2016

Throwback Thursday


I'm showing this pic of me and my girl from 2002 to show how much heavier I was back then.  I was a size 16 at my heaviest, and was very unhappy. I knew I had to lose weight, and luckily the health insurance we were on at the time was offering weight loss counseling, so I took advantage of it. It was the best thing I've ever done! I will be frank, I lost the weight and kept it off ever since, because I used the old fashioned way. This included eating more healthy, exercising (which for me was walking on a treadmill) and counting calories. I still exercise every day with the treadmill or low impact aerobics. I don't count calories anymore, so much as keep them in mind when I'm eating.




Now I also try and eat more and more healthier foods, but I haven't given up that much either. I still eat sweets in moderation. I would say for me the best diet has been a Mediterranean diet with less meat and more beans. I don't enjoy drinking my calories, so I'm not into smoothies. And I don't have any problems with allergies, so no giving up wheat for me! Again, I believe that you can enjoy what you want as long as you eat everything in moderation and try to get as varied a diet as you can. My current goal is to eat more varied vegetables. I just found out I love butternut squash that has been roasted! Roasting gives veggies a sweet taste! I also have to say that I'm on a medication for my hypothyroidism, which can add about 10 pounds to my weight if I'm not on it. But the rest is about diet and exercise. I got down to a size 6, but right now I"m about an 8 or 10 depending, and I'm pretty happy with that.
So there you have it, my story on weight loss. If you have any questions, let me know! Bye for now!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very inspiring story :) I love this outfit too!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Rebekah! I felt like it was important to show that it can be done. :)

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...