Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Happy 15th Birthday!

 Saturday was my daughter's 15th birthday and after we went to the museum, we came home and she opened presents and had cake.  This year I decorated the cake with a fox motif, using my fox pins as a template. I'd never used a frosting tip before, so I was a bit clumsy, but I think it turned out pretty good for my first time!
 She got lots of great gifts and had a ball opening them.


 But I think her favorite gift was the Nintendo 3DS that she got from her dad and I.  Just look at her face as she opened it!


She was stunned to say the least, as she really didn't expect to get it. I'm just glad we could get her something special as she has been doing so well in school this year. She deserved it! Bye for now!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad to hear your daughter had a wonderful birthday! And oh my goodness, that cake you made is incredible!! It looks too pretty to eat!

-Lindsey
http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks Lindsey, the cake was fun to make! I used my fox pin as inspiration. :)

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...