Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Girls Day Out


My girl just finished her classes,
so it was time to celebrate!
And since my hubby is out of town we decided to 
have a girls day out. And I got to wear my new top that I just made.
It works great with this skirt I made last summer. 
Blouse, skirt and belt: made by me
Purse, necklace and pin: vintage

 Here is the vintage pattern I used to make my top.
I used view #2, but I didn't add the elastic on the sleeves.
 



 My girl went for a boho look.


I took her out to lunch, for some shopping,
and later a walk in the neighborhood.
We had such a blast!
Bye for now!

6 comments:

Jill James said...

So pretty in your skirt and white top. Sounds like the perfect way to spend the day.

Vix said...

That top worked out beautifully. I shall keep my eyes peeled for that pattern.
Your daughter looks fab & so do you! xxx

Peaches McGinty said...

Oh your top is gorgeous!! I love it with your pretty floral skirt, Mama and daughter look beautiful and totally, totally fabulous (your daughters hair is so cool too!) x x x

Happiness at Mid Life said...

I love the pairing of the green purse in this outfit. Sound like a nice day out!

Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

Jessica Jannenga said...

Love the floral skirt, you look great in blue. THe white top is so pretty! I cant sew at all! Such a skill and your daughter is so trendy!

thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Curtise said...

Such a pretty blouse, you look lovely, Laurie, as does your daughter. How great to have a girls' day out together! xxx

Featured Post

Sketches of the Week

Still in a Christmas and winter mood with my art, and still working on my technique with gouache. It's a much trickier medium than I ...